Friday 30 November 2012

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 1: Red Nails!

Hello there my little rose petals!
I'm finally beginning the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge and I'm really excited about it! I've seen this challenge posted on pretty much every single nail blog that I have read and I've been wanting to start it myself for a while now. Check out the image below to see what the challenges are:

One of the main reasons that I had been putting off this challenge for so long is because I physically didn't have the polishes to complete the first 10 days. I really didn't want to start before I had everything I could possibly need and now I do so I can! (Thanks to the 33 Saffron polishes I bought). I should say that there is no way that I will be doing this every single day, I simply don't have the time for that. Also I'm undertaking a Christmas Nail Art challenge which you can find here if you want to join. My aim is to do 2 of the 31 day challenges a week, if I do more then great, but having 3 Christmas challenges a week to complete too is definitely going to be pushing it. Especially since I'm new to this Nail Blogging stuff!

I also have a confession to make before I go into my first manicure. This morning I woke up and was immediately excited about the fact that I was starting this challenge and then I looked at my nails. To my horror my nails had begun to flake and peel, unfortunately my nails are prone to this. So in today's post and probably for the next few days I am wearing false nails. Normally I wouldn't bother because I find that they don't agree with me, but this time I've cut them right down and shaped them (when normally I'd just leave them). I've got to say I'm pretty happy with how they look and feel and I might think of wearing falsies more often!


So here is my first manicure in the 31 Day Challenge! I wanted to keep it simple today mainly because it took my so long to put on the false nails, and partly because I have other things to do today! I was going to go with plain red but I decided I'd get into the holiday spirit and add a little Gold. Here are the polishes I used:
From left to right: Saffron #28: Bright Red, Saffron #08: Gold Glitter Specks

I bought these two in a massive haul from saveonmakeup.co.uk and I bought 33 polishes for £32.67 at 99p each. Considering how cheap they are I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage that the Bright Red gave, I would have been fine using only 1 coat however I decided on 2 to make it stand out more.


The Gold glitter polish was a little more stubborn. I only used 2 coats of it however I feel maybe next time I use it I may venture to use 3 or even 4 coats of it. The glitter itself has 3 different sized pieces in it from tiny, to small, to medium. For 99p each I can't really complain, these two polishes look great together and I even found myself singing Christmas songs as I was painting them on. So I've finally found something that gets me into the Christmas Spirit... Nail Polish!

Let me know what you think in the comments and tell me if you've gotten into the Christmas spirit yet, or whether you are still in denial!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there my sweet smelling rose petal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment, I read every single one!

Have a good day xxx