Monday 24 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Day 11: Tinsel!

Hello my little rose petals! Happy Christmas Eve to you all!

This is the penultimate challenge in the 12 Days of Christmas challenge, and on to my least Christmassy manicure of the entire challenge!



It's pink and sparkly!!! It's so girly and pretty, I feel like a Barbie doll wearing this polish! Now you may be wondering why I chose pink when it's the least christmas colour and I could have gone with Gold, or Red, or Silver. However the tinsel that we've hung in our house here at Uni (at least over our fireplace) is a bright pink, and I wanted to replicate it. I originally wanted to cut some of the tinsel off and actually stick it onto my nails, but I didn't think my housemate would be too keen. So instead I found my most glitter packed polish and used that instead! It's one of the Boots special edition Barry M 2012 Christmas Polishes and it's the only Barry M 2012 polish that I managed to get my hands on. I'm pretty sure that Boots had a gold one too, but when I got there all that was left was pink, seeing as I didn't own a pink glittery polish I snapped it up! Although the Barry M polish was very sparkly on it's own I wanted to add another dimension of glitter, so I used 2 True's Glitterati polish in Shade 2 which is clear polish with larger pink glitters in it! 

I love this manicure it's so simple and is as sparkly as tinsel, it's the perfect tribute to my final Christmas at university with my friends!

Let me know what you think in the comments! Also tell me if you've ever gone for a non-Christmas colour scheme at Christmas! 

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. So very pretty! And I love nontraditional colors during the holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there my sweet smelling rose petal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment, I read every single one!

Have a good day xxx