Friday 7 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 3! Candy Canes!

Hello my little rose petals!

Today is the 3rd challenge in the 12 days of Christmas challenge that I am participating in this year. I had a lot of positive comments about my reindeer manicure from challenge 2 which made me smile so I hope I'll get a few more comments this time!

My Cheeky plates finally arrived this morning and i was delighted to see that there were some candy canes on one of the plates. I also managed to find some lollipops and decided I would go with a manicure of sweet treats! Here it is:

It isn't my favourite manicure ever and I'm sure that the million other ideas I had would have looked much better than this, but I'm going to stick to my guns! The little pink splodge is supposed to be wrapped candy but you can't see it very well in the photos. 


I started off with the Green base and decided to use two coats just to make sure the polish would really pop. Then I stamped the Lollipop and Candy Cane onto each nail. Finally I added detail onto the Candy Cane and the lollipop with a dotting tool, and then created my little candy wrapper at the top of each nail.

Hope you enjoy it!

Check out what the others doing the challenge have created below:

6 comments:

  1. such a sweet manicure, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on youself! These are the only nails on the list so far that I gasped at when I first saw them. Such cute little candy canes! Keep up the good work and see you day 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I did get a lot of compliments at work today so my nails can't be as bad as I thought :)

      Delete

Hey there my sweet smelling rose petal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment, I read every single one!

Have a good day xxx