Friday 21 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Day 9: Wreath!

Hello my little rose petals!

Oh my goodness It's the 9th challenge today, AND it's only 4 days until Christmas! Today's theme is Christmas Wreath! I've never had a Christmas wreath before although I have an idea of what they are supposed to look like and I am so pleased with how they turned out:



Apologies for the poor pictures, I ran out of sunlight and had to take these under a lamp :-(
Again I used the NYC Full Metal Jacket as a base but I also used Rimmel's Your Majesty on alternating fingernails, but you can't really tell in the pictures above. Then I used my Saffron Green Envy and a dotting tool to make the wreath, and then I went around with a nail art brush to make the edges look more like the leaves.  Next I used Barry M Red Glitter to make the bows at the bottom of the wreaths and finished it off with dots of gold and brown to decorate the wreath.

I'm so glad with how these turned out, alongside my Ruldolph the Red Nosed Reindeer nails this is one of my favourites! I'm thinking of wearing these throughout Christmas and if I don't I'll make sure that I recreate them on someone else!

Let me know what you think, and tell me what you want for Christmas in the comments!!



6 comments:

  1. Pretty! The golds are gorgeous! I know what you mean about no sunlight. So hard finding any in the UK, especially this time of year! I miss taking photos of my nails with flowers in the sunshine! Most mine are taken with lamps now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I really need to make myself a lightbox...

      Delete
  2. These turned out very pretty. You should be very proud and give the Christmas gift of recreating these for someone else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm gunna do my mum's nails like this :)

      Delete

Hey there my sweet smelling rose petal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment, I read every single one!

Have a good day xxx