Sunday 2 December 2012

12 Days Of Christmas Nail Art Challenge! Day 1: Christmas Tree!


 I am so excited to be sharing my first EVER Christmas Challenge Manicure! Today's Challenge was Christmas tree and I immediately had an idea! Here it is:



Basically I knew that there was no way that I'd be able to paint Christmas trees on every single nail as my skills aren't that great right now. So instead I decided that I would create a tree on one nail and then make the other nails look like close up's of the tree, with tinsel and baubles. I'm pretty impressed with how good I am getting at painting my nails, I hardly had any cleanup this morning. Here are the polishes I have used:
From left to right: Saffron #15: Green Envy, Saffron #11: White, Saffron #29: Pillar-box Red, Saffron #21: Gold Shimmer, Saffron # 07: Silver Glitter Specks, Saffron #08: Gold Glitter Specks

Yes I used all Saffron Nail Polishes again! I just have so many colours that are perfect for these challenges, I promise that soon this blog will stop being a Saffron fangirl blog. Anyway I started by painting all the fingers, except the ring finger, with the #15 Green Envy. Then painting both ring fingers with #11 White. Then I focused on creating my tree. I used the Green Envy and a small brush to paint the tree carefully. Then I used a dotting tool and #08 Gold Glitter Specks to add a large piece of glitter on top of the tree (like a star), and adding smaller pieces of glitter onto the tree as baubles. Finishing it off with #29 Pillar-box Red and a dotting tool to add a few more 'baubles' onto my tree. Then I turned my attention to my other nails. I chose a slightly larger dotting tool and #21 Gold Shimmer (which as a side note is a really nice colour on its own), to create my tinsel. To do this I just dotted the colour on carefully making sure each dot was connected. Then I used the #29 Pillar-box red and the #07 Silver Glitter Specks to dot onto my nails to look like the Baubles on the tree! I'm so happy with how this turned out and I'm proud to be part of this challenge!

Let me know what you think, and email me pictures of your Christmas Manicures, I love to look at them all!



Check out what the others taking the challenge have done below:




9 comments:

  1. There are a lot of us challenge newbies on this! What a great idea for the close up! I'll have to remember that myself. See you day 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I just knew I'd never manage painting trees on every nail!

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I love those colors you did such a wonderful job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to stick with tradition as I'm very rarely in the Christmas mood. This year however I can't get enough of it!

      Delete
  3. So awesome. I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green. Very cute manicure. Will wait for the next challenge to see how you do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love the green too! Will definitely be using it again soon!

      Delete

Hey there my sweet smelling rose petal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment, I read every single one!

Have a good day xxx