Tuesday 4 December 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 4: Green Nails!

Morning my little rose petals!

Another speedy post today! It's my fourth manicure in the 31 Day Challenge and today's colour is green. Originally I came up with the idea to do Gingham nails based on this tutorial by Nailed It. However I couldn't find any tape and there was no way I was going to be able to freehand the design! So instead I decided to keep it simple. I used Saffron #56: Matte Lime and painted two coats on all my nails. Then I put clear polish on each of the corners of my nails and whilst still tacky I places a white rhinestone on each nail. Finally finishing it off with a top coat to keep the gems in place!

In this picture it kind of looks like I have polish on the skin of my index finger, but that is actually on the nail, for some reason it just doesn't look right...


As a quick side note I received an Anonymous message on Tumblr the other day simply saying, 'your nail polish looks blotchy because your hands are so fat' and that made me laugh! I just wanted to say if you are blogging or are thinking of making a blog then expect that you are going to get these messages from ignorant people. In my case I'm pretty sure who the culprit was, but you may not know. The best thing to do is laugh is off because at the end of the day you are the one that's doing something you love!

Hope you enjoyed this short and sweet post! Tomorrow is the second of the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge so stay tuned for that!



1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely colour and your hands do not look fat at all! I get nasty comments on deviant art because my nails are apparently 'too long' seems you can't please everyone eh! I appreciate nails in all shapes and sizes x

    ReplyDelete

Hey there my sweet smelling rose petal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment, I read every single one!

Have a good day xxx