Friday 29 March 2013

Models Own: Fruit Pastel Collection! First Impressions!

Yesterday I was a very, VERY naughty girl yesterday and bought myself some nail polish! I've wanted this collection ever since I first saw it on the Model's Own Website. So when I saw them in Boots yesterday and had a sniff I couldn't resist... AND YES I SAID SNIFF!! These little beauties are scented! (Apologies for the horrible photo quality I am currently at home and only have my Blackberry with me!)

From Left to Right: Grape Juice, Banana Split, Blueberry Muffin, Apple Pie, Strawberry Tart, Aqua Violet

I managed to snap these up in a 3 for 2 offer at Boots, which made them eve more irresistible to me! I thought I'd do a quick post of my first impressions of the Fruit Pastel Collection! Here's what they look like on the nail:

From Thumb to Pinky: Apple Pie, Grape Juice, Banana Split, Strawberry Tart, Blueberry Muffin

I love these polishes! The colours are perfect for spring (and of course Easter!). They smell beautiful and ever since I painted them I've been sat here sniffing my fingernails like a weirdo! Some of them smell stronger than others, I think the Strawberry Tart is definitely the best one, not only is it a pretty pink colour but it smells really sweet. Also they have cute little scratch and sniff stickers on the top of each bottle so you can get a cheeky whiff before you apply.

These polishes were fairly difficult to apply, I would definitely recommend using a white base coat underneath them (which I will try next time). They went opaque in three coats but I found it a struggle to apply! I'm sure I'll get better with practice.

Anyway despite the trouble I had with the application I am certainly in love with these polishes and I think EVERYONE should own at least one of them.

7 comments:

  1. I really wanted these polishes not only because there all gorgeous but for the scents as well but as I already own all the Barry M Ice Creams, there really pretty much the same which is a bummer :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a large Models Own wishlist now, I need the neon polishes too! These look yummy on you Alyssia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I really want these but it just says 'stock coming soon' online and I've not been able to get into town. Boo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! Could I ask how long they took to dry? I've never had great luck with pastels, I always seem to smudge them before they have time to dry! Your blog is great by the way! :)

    Amber xxxxx
    http://polish-fumes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there my sweet smelling rose petal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment, I read every single one!

Have a good day xxx